Perkins Library, Language Center, Gray Divinity Building, Westbrook Divinity Building, and Langford Divinity Building models
As the largest campus library, Perkins Library is the core of the university library system, containing six floors of collections, study spaces, and library services. The Link, an innovative teaching and learning space, is located on Lower Level 1. The Data & GIS Services Center is located on Level 2. The Perkins Library eatery, also known as The Perk, is housed in the Karl and Mary Ellen von der Heyden Pavilion.
Perkins Library earned LEED™ Certification recognizing sustainable features and design in 2005.
Founded as the School of Religion in 1926, the Divinity School is housed in three contiguous buildings: The Thomas A. Langford Building, the Gray Building and the Westbrook Building. The Gray Building houses the Department of Religion, Duke Center for Jewish Studies and a portion of the Duke Divinity School.
Westbrook Divinity Building:
Part of the Divinity School, the Westbrook Building is connected to the Langford and Gray buildings. Completed in 2005, it houses Goodson Chapel, classrooms, a bookstore, the Divinity Cafe restaurant and administrative offices.
Divinity Bookshop (inside the Westbrook Building)
carries a wide variety of Divinity School branded clothing and gifts. Has an extensive book selection, including sections devoted to Divinity School Authors, Biblical Commentary, and textbooks for Divinity School courses. Carries pastoral supplies, pastoral gowns and a selection of Fair Trade and locally sourced gift items. Online ordering available.
Langford Divinity Building:
Completed in 1972 to join the existing Old Divinity and Gray Building as a part of the Divinity School. Many Divinity School offices are located in this building.