The Duke Cancer Center is a state-of-the-art outpatient facility, where patients can receive the most advanced multi-disciplinary care from teams of specialists in a comfortable, healing environment. Housed within the center are a vast array of cancer services including imaging, radiation oncology, infusion, pharmacy, support services as well as amenities including a resource center, quiet room, boutique, rooftop garden and cafe.
The Duke Cancer Center earned LEED™ Gold Certification recognizing sustainable features and design in 2012.
E.A. Morris Building:
Built in 1976, cancer patients make more than 80,000 visits each year to the Morris Cancer Clinics for treatment or follow-up care.
E.A. Stead Building:
Opened in 1963, the Stead Building is contiguous with Duke Clinic and houses departmental research laboratories and offices.
E.W. Busse Building:
Dr. Ewald W. "Bud" Busse, associate provost emeritus and dean of Medical and Allied Health Education at Duke University from 1974-82, was one of the world's foremost authorities on human aging and a founder of the field of geriatric psychiatry. Duke honored him in 1985 by naming this building in his honor on the medical center campus.
The walkway located on Level 2 of the Medical Center Parking Garage I connects to this building, which contains the entrance lobby, clinics, food court, and the amphitheater. There is also an information desk on the second level.
Diagnostic & Treatment Building:
Opened in 1962, this building contains clinics, diagnostic, treatment, and support services, departmental research laboratories and offices.
Original Hospital South:
Built in 1930 as the original Duke Hospital building, Hospital South, also known as Duke Clinics, is now home to the School of Medicine and the medical center's outpatient clinics, including the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Division of Dermatology and Division of Urology.
Opened in 1932 and named after Bessie Baker, the first dean of nursing at Duke Hospital, Baker House is contiguous with Duke Clinic and houses various clinics, diagnostic, treatment and support services including Plastic Surgery, Speech and Hearing, Oral Surgery and departmental administrative offices.
Named for the first dean of the Duke School of Medicine, the Davison Building was designed to open onto the university's academic quad to demonstrate its integral connection with the rest of the campus.
Opened in 1966 and named after a former dean of the Medical Center, the Barnes Woodhall building is contiguous with Duke Clinic and houses radiology, departmental research laboratories, offices and hospital administration.